Aggressive Trial Lawyers For Tractor-Trailer, Truck Accidents
Representing Injured Clients For 30 Years
The Paoli & Leisher has been assisting clients injured in tractor-trailer crashes and collisions for 30 years. Call our Missoula, Montana, office at 406-542-3330 or 800-332-4308 to request a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case with our experienced trial attorneys.
Most Common Causes Of Collisions
You may think cellphone use has become the number one cause of truck accidents in recent years. Though the use of devices causes distracted driving, many other factors have remained problems for semi drivers:
- Being in a hurry because of tight or unrealistic deadlines for delivering goods across the country
- Lack of driver training before getting behind the big wheel
- Incentive pay encouraging truckers to reach their destinations faster than reasonable
- Violations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Regulations (FMCSA Regulations)
- Fatigued driving is impaired driving
- Tractor-trailer cases we have handled
How To Stay Safe On The Road Near Semi-trucks
If you are driving near a tractor-trailer rig, here are a few tips for staying safe and visible:
- Look for the truck’s mirrors — If you are driving behind a truck and can’t see the driver’s mirrors, that means the driver can’t see you and you are likely in the driver’s blind spot. You may be surprised at how many car lengths you need to stay back from a truck, so the driver can see you. Keeping a safe distance behind a large commercial vehicle is just one way to stay safe on the road.
- Avoid blind spots — If you are on the sides of the truck, see if you can see the driver’s face in the mirror. If you can see their face, they should also be able to see yours.
- Allow plenty of passing room — Don’t cut off trucks when changing lanes in front of them. Huge commercial vehicles need more time to react and brake than much smaller vehicles do.
- Right turns need room, too — Keep in mind that truck drivers make wide turns. If you are to the right of the truck when it’s turning, you’re probably in a blind spot and could get hit and have a serious accident or injury.
If you’ve been injured in an accident with a large commercial vehicle like an 18-wheeler, tractor-trailer or other truck, seek legal advice before signing anything with the other party’s insurance company.