Seeking Justice For Clients After Car Crashes
At the Paoli Law Firm, P.C. in Missoula, Montana, we help clients who have been injured in automobile accidents because of someone else’s negligence. David R. Paoli has been named in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers listing compiled by The National Trial Lawyers. He is known to be an aggressive trial lawyer who seeks justice for his clients. Call our office at 406-542-3330 or 800-332-4308 to see what the Paoli Law Firm, P.C. can do for you.
What Do I Do After A Car Accident?
There are many steps to take after being involved in a vehicle collision. Here are just a few initial steps to remember:
- Seek medical treatment, as directed by your doctor and medical provider(s), including calling for an ambulance at the scene, if needed.
- Keep in mind that you may have soft tissue injuries that you won’t notice until several days after the accident because of delayed onset of muscle soreness. This is common with neck and back injuries and whiplash and in rear-end collisions, but could also happen in any kind of accident. See your doctor to get a diagnosis for your pain.
- Call the police to have an accident report completed and so the police can investigate the accident. This also gives them a chance to assign tickets/citations to negligent drivers, which could help you prove your case later. Tickets may include speeding, reckless driving, DUI, driving too fast for conditions and other charges.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with the other parties.
- Do not accept fault for the accident.
- Do not leave the scene until the police say it’s okay to leave.
Many questions that motorists have apply to car accidents as well as other motor vehicle accidents. Visit our accident FAQs page to learn more.
Be Wary Of Changing Road Conditions
Many Montana roads can become dangerous and treacherous. The saying: “If you don’t like the weather, wait 5 minutes because it will change” has particular significance for our roadways, which wind through mountainous regions. The changing elevation and changing weather conditions directly affect the road conditions. Drivers need to be aware of changing road conditions from ice, snow, rain, wind, fog and other circumstances and adjust driving speeds and behavior accordingly.
Speak With An Attorney
We have been helping injured people recover from the consequences of car and highway collisions for 30 years. The lawyers at Paoli Law Firm, P.C. handle cases like these on a contingent fee basis. This means our fee is a percentage of what we recover for you. If you don’t recover, you owe no attorney’s fees.