Defective Products Can Cause Serious Injuries And Damages
Defective products often cause serious, crippling and life-ending injuries. The manufacturers of such products tend to be major multinational corporations. They use their wealth and power to try to beat down those they have injured, maimed, and killed. We are proud of having taken on the biggest, wealthiest and most powerful corporations around to achieve good results for our clients. We can seek justice in your case.
When Is A Product Considered Defective?
Under Montana law, “a product is defective if it is dangerous to an extent beyond that anticipated by the ordinary user.” In these cases, the defendant is liable “even if . . . [it] exercised all possible care in the preparation and sale of the product.”
In other words, a party is liable simply because the product is dangerous. “The focus [is] on the condition of the product, and not on the manufacturer’s conduct or knowledge.” Montana law further provides that misuse of the product is not a defense, unless the manufacturer could not have foreseen that the product would be misused in that particular way.
Defective Product Cases We Have Handled
The attorneys at Paoli & Leisher have significant experience handling defective product cases. Some of these cases involved:
- Serious injuries resulting from Johnson & Johnson & DePuy’s metal-on-metal hip implant products, including ASR and Pinnacle devices
- Injuries resulting in paralysis from the defective auto design and manufacture of Ford, Mazda, Chevrolet, and other automobiles
- Injuries resulting from the defective design and manufacture of seat belt systems in Ford automobiles
- Fatal injuries resulting from the defective design and manufacture of sawmill equipment
- Fatal injuries caused by the defective medical device design and manufacture of heart stent implants
- Serious and debilitating injuries resulting from prescription and diet drugs
- Injuries caused by exposure to chemicals
Additionally, our founding attorney, David Paoli, has guest taught the Products Liability class at the University of Montana School of Law. David has represented many clients in products liability cases. Find out what Paoli & Leisher can do for you.